Thursday, October 22, 2009

Lawn Art Assignment

For the Lawn Art web pages I started with an idea I had in a sketch to have illustrated type. I starting thinking of some things you would see on a lawn, and tried to figure out how i could shape them like the letters L A W N. This illustrations was the hardest part of my design. I used the L shape in a lawn chair for my L. The upside down V shape in a plastic pink flamingo's legs for the A shape. Two pointy hat lawn gnomes and a one of those lawn orbs on a ascending column platform for my W. and lastly the rounded shape of a christmas light deer's legs for the large lower case n. All in all i think the illustration adds to the quirkiness of some of the things you see on people's lawns, as well as showed some of the different themes I present on the website.

No comments:

Post a Comment