Tuesday, December 8, 2009

USI website critique

First of all the navigation of the USI site seems to work fairly well. at first it is easy to see the blue drop down menus. then you see links right below that on the left-hand side. As you go down farther you see even more links to click. I know that USI has a lot of information to give but, I personally think that in my opinion it needs to be a bit more simple on the main page. As I navigate to the first tier landing pages, I notice they have pretty much the same thing going on, which really doesn't work too bad. All in all I think that they information is pretty crammed together, and on viewing another similar site, http://www.indiana.edu/ I see that it can be done a little bit simpler.
On the topic of images on the site, I actually tend to like most of the images shown on the main page and the first tier landing pages. They show images of real people around the campus, and they are nicely taken, and show some of the great scenery around campus. I was really kind of sad when they didn't show any images of the cone though..
I think that the site needs less information, because honestly I've never looked at 1/10th of the stuff on there, or maybe not less info, but just better organization, so you don't feel like you are being bombarded with information when you view a page. So the site needs more organization and less visual information all at once.

No comments:

Post a Comment